Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A given sense of entitlement and possession that isnt feminist.

I wake up in the mornin
set on doing nothin
dont expect too much from me
but i ask you at lease call me, mr. adora lee
I am human,
I am a mess,
you can call me a reck or a masterpiece
but i just want to be
mr adora lee.
I walk like a tragedy, talk like a tragedy
I walk like a tragedy, walk like a tragedy
I talk like a tragedy, talk like a tragedy.
Miss me, Ms. Me, Miss me.

Boo Hoo,
Hobo,
Wow Woe

She knew her left from her right
she knew how to put up a fight
she wasnt afraid to hit the bulls eye
she was known for her beauty
or, rather, famous for her insanity
she was just a girl
with a saw
and no one saw
aint no body to see

My momma put a spoon to my mouth
she taught me how to feed myself
Then I learned how to feel myself
I am nervously not nervous
with my delicate nervous system.
I am an empowered sexual being.
I am made of amazing things,
I suffer my faults,
I keep my tension in my neck
and my heart explodes shyly, recklessly, half hazardly, smartly all the time.
And my mind would rather be elsewhere
being the desensitized cool kid.

The crass challenge, the lure,
the finesse of the lore of innocence

The earth gives to me
I give myself to the world
I am Ms. Wall Flower and I miss will power.
lips lead us around from town to town
CLAP THOSE WEARY HANDS
Going to elevate & break the silence
STRETCH UP Y YOUR SPINE
The day marches on, let’s approach without mercy
A CONFIDENT BACK BONE
A decisive moment, heavy with empty 
THE SUNLIGHT ENTHRALLS HUMANS
The lingering  confront what is holding us back
WHERE ENTHUSIASIM COMES FROM

What have you met
when silence meets
My pupils dialate for an angel
I eat my own words with no favor leftover
to flavor to savor for my savior
I blow smoke up skirts
and dish out ready to serve

Heading nowhere bound
Molding the lace into a frown
Ribbons drooping down
A frown that sink into the ground
I don’t know anything
But the direction of confusion
Where have my bones gone
How do I hold on

I play hide and seek
On an  isle of longing
People don’t know what to do with me
And neither do I

No comments:

Post a Comment